Thursday, September 4, 2008
Medical Thoughts - Final Project
Some ideas are running around in my mind for the class final project. I'm leaning towards a non-invasive diagnostic and treatment tool. I envision the tool to be along the lines of the security x-ray machines and the Star Trek medical tri-corder. Now to merge the concepts and address political, religious, social, cultural, and technical aspects to develop a prototype.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I've thought along the same lines. Medical technology has advanced very quickly. For example, there was an old movie that had a miniaturized submarine with people in it traveling throughout a human body. We are doing that now -- miniature cameras, sensors, etc. are routinely used to make medical diagnoses.
You can team for the project and take different subsystems within it as part of our Research and Development firm. *grins*
Jan, I know that your Second Life access has been constrained. If you wish to use it before the end of term, let me know. Otherwise, you can focus your energies on the analysis of risk and the models that you use to evaluate it.
Nice concept Gem, Do you have i idea as to what type of treatment will most likely to benefit from it?
Good topic!
I just read an article tonight on virtual colonoscopy being a viable alternative to the invasive methods, at http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080917/ap_on_he_me/med_colon_cancer_screening
This is a topic that I find more and more interesting, the older that I get.
Post a Comment